|Bolman, Lee G. / Deal, Terrence E.|
Leading with Soul
An Uncommon Journey of Spirit, Revised
J-B US non-Franchise Leadership
2011. 304 Pages, Hardcover
ISBN 978-0-470-61900-1 - John Wiley & Sons
E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
A new edition of the bestselling book on finding one's personal path to leadership
Leading with Soul has inspired thousands of readers since its publication more than a decade ago. Far ahead of its time, the book illuminated the deeply personal journey to leadership. Now, in this new and revised edition, the authors update a timeless spiritual message in the light of the turmoil of recent years including recession, the spread of global terrorism, and ethics scandals as well as new insights from the literature of spirituality and work.
* Bolman and Deal are the co-authors of the bestselling book Reframing Organizations, now in its 4th edition
* Explores in greater depth the concepts of love, power, and significance as relates to leadership
This completely revised story of an executive and his quest for deeper meaning continues to point the way to a more fulfilling work experience.
From the contents
Prelude: In Search of Soul and Spirit.
1. The Heart of Leadership Lives in the Hearts of Leaders.
2. The Human Heart Is More Than a Pump.
3. The Journey of a Soul.
4. Discovering New Teachers.
Interlude 1: Reclaiming Your Soul.
5. A Place to Start
6. Vicissitudes of the Journey.
Interlude 2: Leaning into Your Fear: The Courage of Conviction.
7. Gifts of Leadership.
12. Corporate Community.
Interlude 3: Community and the Cycle of Giving.
13. Summoning the Magic of Stories.
14. Lifting Our Voices in Song.
15. Celebrating Shared Icons.
Interlude 4: Expressing the Spirit.
A New Life.
16. The Twilight of Leadership.
17. Deep Refuge.
Interlude 5: The Cycle of the Spirit.
18. The Legacy.
Soul at Work.
Continuing a Spirited Dialogue.
About the Authors.
Write to the Authors.