|Conger, Jay A.|
Spirit at Work
Discovering the Spirituality in Leadership
1994. 264 Pages, Hardcover
ISBN 978-1-55542-639-2 - John Wiley & Sons
An insightful exploration into the role of spirituality in leadership. The contributors use thought-provoking examples to expand the definition of leadership to include the development of hospitable spaces for work life, services to both the organization and the community, and personal development of individuals within the organization.
Leaders in business, public administration, and nonprofit organizations will gain personal insights into applying spiritual qualities such as justice, fortitude, and prudence to enhance personal fulfillment in the workplace and to strengthen the objectives and performance of their organizations.
From the contents
1. Introduction: Our Search for Spiritual Community. (Jay A. Conger)
2. Leading from Within: Out of the Shadow, Into the Light. (Parker J. Palmer)
3. A Leader's Conscience: The Integrity and Spirtuality of Vaclav Havel. (John C. Haughey, S.J.)
4. Leadership and Spirituality: A Quest for Reconciliation. (Katherine Tyler-Scott)
5. Spirited Connections: Learning to Tap the Spiritual Resources in Our Lives and Work. (D. Susan Wisely, Elizabeth M. Lynn)
6. Partnering with God: Ignatian Spirituality and Leadership in Groups. (Brian O. McDermott, S.J.)
7. What Leaders Cannot Do Without: The Spiritual Dimensions of Leadership. (Rabi N. Kanungo, Manuel MAndonca)
8. Conclusion: Reuniting Spirituality and Work. (Jay A. Conger)