Chaffin, Don B. / Andersson, Gunnar B. J. / Martin, Bernard J. Occupational Biomechanics
4. Edition May 2006 119.- Euro 2006. 376 Pages, Hardcover - Practical Approach Book - ISBN 978-0-471-72343-1 - John Wiley & Sons
Short description Occupational Biomechanics, Fourth Edition provides the basic tools to assemble or evaluate biomechanical models for processes that are difficult to measure directly and describes the mechanical side of ergonomics. The book is an excellent one-stop reference for readers in industrial engineering, product and process design, medicine, and occupational health and safety.
From the contents Foreword.
1. Occupational Biomechanics as a Specialty.
2. The Structure and Function of the Musculoskeletal System.
3. Anthropometry in Occupational Biomechanics.
4. Mechanical Work Capacity Evaluation.
5. Bioinstrumentation for Occupational Biomechanics.
6. Occupational Biomechanical Models.
7. Methods Of Classifying And Evaluating Manual Work.
8. Manual Material-handling Limits.
9. Guidelines For Work In Sitting Postures.
10. Biomechanical Considerations in Machine Control and Workplace Design.
11. Hand-Tool Design Guidelines.
12. Guidelines for Whole-Body and Segmental Vibration.
13. Worker Selection, Training and Personal Protective Device Consideration.