E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
Short description This revised and updated Second Edition looks at new developments and research results within structural inorganic chemistry in a number of ways. Special attention is paid to crystalline solids and elucidation and description of the spatial order of atoms within a chemical compound. Structural principles of inorganic molecules and solids are described through traditional concepts and modern bond-theoretical theories, as well as taking symmetry as a leading principle.
From the contents Preface.
2. Description of Chemical Structures.
4. Polymorphism and Phase Transition.
5. Structure, Energy and Chemical Bonding.
6. The Effective Size of Atoms.
7. Ionic Compounds.
8. Molecular Structures I: Compounds of Main Group Elements.
9. Molecular Structures II: Compounds of Transition Metals.
10. Molecular Orbital Theory and Chemical Bonding in Solids.
11. The Elements Structures of the Nonmetals.
12. Diamonds-like Structures.
13. Polyaniotic and Polycationic Compounds, Zintl Phases.
14. Packing of Spheres, Metal Structures.
15. The Sphere-packing Principle for Compounds.
16. Linked Polyhedra.
17. Packings of Spheres with Occupied Interstices.
18. Symmetry as the Organizing Principle for Crystal Structures.