PC Chop Shop
Tricked Out Guide to PC Modding
1. Edition November 2004
2004. 210 Pages, Softcover
ISBN 978-0-7821-4360-7 - John Wiley & Sons
E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
Learn How To Soup Up and Customize Your PC and Really Make It Your Own
Unimpressed by how the commonplace beige or gray computer looks and performs? Want to apply a personal touch to your PC so it reflects your own sense of style? You can make it glow, fill it with water, paint your favorite emblem on the case, or ultimately transform it into a completely unique work of art. There are myriad ways you can make your PC distinct.
In PC Chop Shop, best-selling author and expert "Modder" David Groth empowers you to create original PC modifications by teaching you the essential modding skills and inspiring you with a showcase of the most imaginative ideas. Through clear, step-by-step instruction, you'll learn a variety of basic-to-advanced modifications, including how to:
* Install lights--from neon to cold cathode to UV
* Make and apply custom decals
* Integrate windows and fan grilles in your case
* Add LED's and lights to your drives
* Modify the cooling systems for your case, memory, hard drive, and CPU
* Experiment with water cooling, Peltier cooling, and phase change cooling
* Enhance performance with CPU and memory overclocking
* Deaden Sound
* Personalize your keyboard, mouse, speakers, and monitor
* Paint creative designs on metal and plastic
* And much, much more!
From the contents
Chapter 1: The What, Why, and Who of Modification.
Chapter 2: Basic Modifications.
Chapter 3: Case Modification.
Chapter 4: Drive Modifications.
Chapter 5: Cooling Modifications.
Chapter 6: Performance Modifications.
Chapter 7: Peripheral Modifications.
Chapter 8: Painting.
Chapter 9: Other Modifications.