|Derksen, Nathan / Berg, Jeff|
Beginning ActionScript 2.0
1. Edition April 2006
2006. 806 Pages, Softcover
- Practical Approach Book -
ISBN 978-0-7645-7768-0 - John Wiley & Sons
E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
ActionScript 2.0, the scripting language for Macromedia Flash(r), can be used to create complex, dynamic applications and spice up otherwise motionless web pages. Whether you are interested in developing a dynamic web application, building a personal portfolio, creating a game, or working with media, ActionScript 2.0 is useful for a wide range of tasks and this book will help you take full advantage of all that this scripting language has to offer.
As you explore the dozens of examples included inside, you'll find this book makes your learning experience a smooth process. Each example provides you with a detailed explanation of exactly what that particular code does. Whatever your background, mix of technical and artistic skills, or end goal, this book is a good starting point to get you where you want to go.
What you will learn from this book
* A variety of simple coding conventions that will help you create projects that are easy to read and update
* How to change the variables and content from one movie clip to another
* Techniques for running and debugging code
* How to use the drawing API, apply filters and blending modes, and work with the new Bitmap class
* The intricacies of working with text and applying visual styles to text
* Ways to integrate images, sound, video, and live camera feeds into your project
Who this book is for
This book is for readers who are interested in writing their own code using ActionScript 2.0. No prior programming experience is assumed.
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.