Windows XP For Dummies
2. Edition October 2004
2004. 432 Pages, Softcover
- Handbook/Reference Book -
ISBN 978-0-7645-7326-2 - John Wiley & Sons
E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
* The bestselling computer book of all time-more than eight million copies sold in all editions-now revised to cover the updates in Windows XP Service Pack 2 as well as updates in popular Windows applications
* This fifty percent revision includes a fully revamped , "task-oriented" table of contents as well as expanded coverage of e-mail, anti-spam tools, faxing, troubleshooting, customization, multimedia, and CDs and DVDs-plus a brief look ahead to the next generation of Windows, codenamed "Longhorn"
* Walks first-time Windows XP users through signing on, navigating the interface, using basic applications, finding and working with files, handling Internet functions, setting up peripherals, and fixing basic problems
* Written in the friendly, accessible For Dummies style by Andy Rathbone-one of the bestselling tech authors of all time
From the contents
Part I: Windows XP Stuff Everybody Thinks You Already Know.
Chapter 1: What Is Windows XP?
Chapter 2: The Desktop, Start Menu, and Other Windows XP Mysteries.
Chapter 3: Basic Windows Mechanics.
Chapter 4: Flipping Through Files, Folders, Floppies, and CDs.
Part II: Working with Programs and Files.
Chapter 5: Playing with Programs and Documents.
Chapter 6: I Can't Find It!
Chapter 7: Printing, Faxing, and Scanning.
Part III: Getting Things Done on the Internet.
Chapter 8: Cruising the Web.
Chapter 9: Sending Mail and Instant Messages.
Chapter 10: Safe Computing.
Part IV: Customizing and Upgrading Windows XP.
Chapter 11: Customizing Windows XP with the Control Panel.
Chapter 12: Keeping Windows from Breaking.
Chapter 13: Sharing One Computer with Several People.
Chapter 14: Connecting Two or More Computers with a Network.
Part V: Music, Movies, Memories (And Photos, Too).
Chapter 15: Playing and Copying Music in Media Player.
Chapter 16: Fiddling with Photos and Movies.
Part VI: Help!
Chapter 17: The Case of the Broken Window.
Chapter 18: Strange Messages: What You Did Does Not Compute.
Chapter 19: Moving from an Old Computer to a New One.
Chapter 20: Help on the Windows XP Help System.
Part VII: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 21: Ten Aggravating Things about Windows XP (And How to Fix Them).
Chapter 22: Ten Things to Remember about Windows XP.
Chapter 23: Ten Things to Look Forward to in the Next Version of Windows.
Appendix A: Upgrading to Windows XP.