|Gilbert, Daniel / Whitehead, James|
Hacking World of Warcraft
1. Edition June 2007
2007. 408 Pages, Softcover
ISBN 978-0-470-11002-7 - John Wiley & Sons
Hack your way to the top.
World of Warcraft is your world. You are fearless. You are in command. And when you can command these awesome addons, macros, and customizations, you'll savor the heady brew of victory. From the masters who gave us Atlas and PerfectRaid/Clique, you'll learn how to gain an advantage in combat, write spell-casting macros, work with frames and XML, develop Lua scripts that work with the WoW API, and more.
Yeah, they're legal. But don't let that hold you back.
Addons, Macros and more.
Learn the secrets that unlock hidden treasures!
1. Evaluate your performance in battle with combat statistics.
2. Add instance maps and make notes on the World Map.
3. Rearrange everything onscreen and monitor your vitals with an HUD.
4. Make gold "playing " the Auction House.
5. Have whispers open in their own window like an IM client.
6. Overhaul your interface with pre-packaged compilations.
7. Create two fully functional addons from start to finish.
From the contents
Part I: Simple Hacks: Addons, Macros, and More.
Chapter 1: Introduction to WoW Modding.
Chapter 2: Combat Addons.
Chapter 3: Map Addons.
Chapter 4: Miscellaneous Addons.
Chapter 5: Loot Addons.
Chapter 6: Chat Addons.
Chapter 7: Raid Addons.
Chapter 8: Class-Specific Addons.
Chapter 9: Addon Compilations.
Part II: Advanced Hacks: Creating Your Own Addons.
Chapter 10: Addon Anatomy.
Chapter 11: XML, Frames, and Event Handlers.
Chapter 12: The Lua Side.
Chapter 13: Expanding the Whereabouts Addon.
Chapter 14: The Whereabouts Options Panel.
Chapter 15: Hacking an Advanced Addon.
Chapter 16: Creating Advanced Macros.