|Kappel, Gerti / Pröll, Birgit / Reich, Siegried / Retschitzegger, Werner (eds.)|
The Discipline of Systematic Development of Web Applications
1. Edition May 2006
2006. 388 Pages, Softcover
- Practical Approach Book -
ISBN 978-0-470-01554-4 - John Wiley & Sons
The World Wide Web has a massive and permanent influence on our lives. Economy, industry, education, healthcare, public administration, entertainment - there is hardly any part of our daily lives which has not been pervaded by the Internet.
Accordingly, modern Web applications are fully-fledged, complex software systems, and in order to be successful their development must be thorough and systematic. Web Engineering is the application of quantifiable approaches to the cost-effective requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing, operation and maintenance of high quality Web applications.
Web Engineers face the same traditional concerns as Software Engineers: the risks of failure to meet business needs, project schedule delays, budget overruns and poor quality of deliverables. But in the Web environment new and complicated issues demand attention, too. Web Engineering addresses the problems associated with shorter lead times which require rapid prototyping and agile methods, the interactivity and visual nature of the medium which make HCI aspects highly significant, and multimedia features of Web applications.
This well-organized guide takes a rigorous interdisciplinary approach to Web Engineering, covering Web development concepts, methods, tools and techniques, and is ideal for undergraduate and graduate students on Web-focused or Software Engineering courses, as well as Web software developers, Web designers and project managers.
From the contents
1. Web Engineering -- The Discipline for the Systematic Development of Web Applications
2. Requirements Engineering for Web Applications
3. Modelling of Web Applications
4. Architectures of Web Applications
5. Technology-Driven Design
6 Implementation Technologies for Web Applications
7. Testing of Web Applications
8. Operation and Maintenance of Web Applications
9. Web Project Management
10. Development Process of Web Applications
11. Usability of Web Applications
12. Performance of Web Applications
13. Security of Web Applications
14. The Semantic Web - The Network of Meanings in the Network of Documents