|Lecky-Thompson, Ed / Eide-Goodman, Heow / Nowicki, Steven D. / Cove, Alec|
1. Edition November 2004
2004. 668 Pages, Softcover
- Practical Approach Book -
ISBN 978-0-7645-7282-1 - John Wiley & Sons
E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
* An expert team of authors shows advanced techniques for developing applications with the new PHP5 server-side scripting language
* Covers a wide range of topics-including how to implement object-oriented concepts in PHP5, UML modeling, and design patterns, and features a discussion on project management paradigms
* The core content is an invaluable reusable object toolkit for simple and complex utilities that helps developers rapidly build large-scale, high-performance platforms
* Appendices include an extended discussion on the effective use of CVS, an introduction to the Zend Studio IDE and related tools, and a discussion of performance tuning and scalability
From the contents
PART I: OBJECT-ORIENTED SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT.
1. Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming.
2. Unified Modeling Language (UML).
3. Putting Objects to Work.
4. Design Patterns.
PART II: CREATING A REUSABLE OBJECT TOOLKIT I--SIMPLE CLASSES AND INTERFACES.
5. Collection Class.
6. CollectionIterator Class.
7. GenericObject Class.
8. Database Abstraction Layers.
9. Factory Interface.
10. Event Driven Programming.
11. Logging and Debugging.
PART III: CREATING A REUSABLE OBJECT TOOLKIT II-- COMPLEX (THOUGH NOT COMPLICATED) UTILITIES.
13. Model, View, Controller (MVC).
14. Communicating with Users.
15. Sessions and Authentication.
16. Unit Testing Framework.
17. Finite State Machine and Custom Configuration Files.
PART IV: TEST CASE: SALES FORCE AUTOMATION.
18. Project Overview.
19. Project Management Methodologies.
20. Planning the System.
21. Systems Architecture.
22. Assembling the Sales Force Automation Toolkit.
23. Quality Assurance.
25. Designing and Developing a Robust Reporting Platform.
26. Where Do We Go From Here?
PART V: APPENDICES.
Appendix A: Why Version Control Is a Good Thing(TM).
Appendix B: PHP IDEs.
Appendix C: Performance Tuning PHP.