1. Edition January 2010
2010. 480 Pages, Softcover
- Practical Approach Book -
ISBN 978-0-470-54071-8 - John Wiley & Sons
E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
Create real-time, highly interactive apps quickly with the powerful XMPP protocol
* Getting to Know XMPP
* Designing XMPP Applications
* Saying Hello: The First Application
* Exploring the XMPP Protocol: A Debugging Console
* Microblogging in Real Time: An Identica Client
* Talking with Friends: One-on-One Chat
* Exploring Services: Service Discovery and Browsing
* Group Chatting: A Multi-User Chat Client
* Publishing and Subscribing: A Shared Sketch Pad Introduction
* Writing with Friends: A Collaborative Text Editor
* Playing Games: Head to Head Tic-Tac-Toe
* Getting Attached: Bootstrapping BOSH
* Deploying XMPP Applications
* Writing Strophe Plug-ins
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
From the contents
Part I: XMPP Protocol and Architecture.
Chapter 1: Getting to Know XMPP.
Chapter 2: Designing XMPP Applications.
Part II: The Applications.
Chapter 3: Saying Hello: The First Application.
Chapter 4: Exploring the XMPP Protocol: A Debugging Console.
Chapter 5: Microblogging in Real Time: An Identica Client.
Chapter 6: Talking with Friends: One-on-One Chat.
Chapter 7: Exploring Services: Service Discovery and Browsing.
Chapter 8: Group Chatting: A Multi-User Chat Client.
Chapter 9: Publishing and Subscribing: A Shared Sketch Pad Introduction.
Chapter 10: Writing with Friends: A Collaborative Text Editor.
Chapter 11: Playing Games: Head to Head Tic-Tac-Toe.
Part III: Advanced Topics.
Chapter 12: Getting Attached: Bootstrapping BOSH.
Chapter 13: Deploying XMPP Applications.
Chapter 14: Writing Strophe Plug-ins.
Appendix A: Getting Started with jQuery.
Appendix B: Setting Up a BOSH Connection Manager.