|De Menil, Georges / Portes, Richard / Sinn, Hans-Werner / Martin, Philippe / Bertola, Giuseppe / Seabright, Paul (eds.)|
Economic Policy 48
1. Edition October 2006
2006. 204 Pages, Softcover
ISBN 978-1-4051-4512-1 - John Wiley & Sons
Economic Policy is written for all those with an informed interest in economic policy problems. All articles are submitted to rigorous scrutiny by a panel of distinguished economists from around the world, resulting in a volume of authoritative and accessible articles, each followed by the comments of panel members.
* Brings together top economists and policy experts to provide a concise and accessible evaluation of major developments in trade and trade policy.
* Examines the key issues pertinent to the multinational trading system, as well as regional trade arrangements and policy developments at the national level.
* Provides up-to-date assessments of the World Trade Organization's current Trade Policy Reviews.
* Each paper is discussed by a panel of distinguished international economists; a unique approach guaranteeing incisive debate and alternative interpretations of the evidence.
From the contents
1. Editors' introduction.
2. Twin deficits: squaring theory, evidence and common sense: Giancarlo Corsetti and Gernot J. Müller.
Discussant: Anne Sibert.
3. Trade spill-overs of fiscal policy in the European Union: a panel analysis: Roel Beetsma, Massimo Giuliodori and Franc Klaassen.
Discussant: Volker Wieland.
4. Can budget institutions counteract political indiscipline?: Stefania Fabrizio and Ashoka Mody.
Discussants: Giancarlo Corsetti and Jonathan R.W. Temple.
5. Competition economics and antitrust in Europe: Damien J. Neven.
Discussants: John Vickers and Diane Coyle.