E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
Short description Business Economics and Managerial Decision Making analyzes the growth and development of privately owned firms and the decisions made by firms operating in both private and public sector enterprises. This book is concise and avoids specialist techniques such as linear programming. Key sections are supported by case studies of real firms and the actual decisions made.
From the contents Preface.
I. Corporate Governance and Business Objectives.
1. Ownership control and corporate governance.
2. Business objectives and theories of the firm.
3. Risk and uncertainty.
II Knowing the Market.
4. Consumer behaviour.
5. Demand analysis.
6. Estimation of demand functions.
III. Understanding Production and Costs.
7. Production and efficiency.
IV. Pricing, Promotional and Investment Policies.
9. Pricing and market structure: theoretical considerations.
10. Pricing in practice.
12. Investment appraisal.
V. Strategic Decisions: The Growth and Development of the Firm.
13. The entrepreneur and the development of the firm.
14. The boundaries of the firm.
15. The growth of the firm.
16. Changing the boundaries of the firm: vertical integration.
17. Changing the boundaries of the firm: diversification.
18. Changing the boundaries of the firm: divestment and exit.
19. Changing the boundaries of the firm: mergers.
20. Organizational issues and structures.
21. The growth and development of the firm: Stagecoach Group Plc.
VI. Decision Making in the Regulated and Public Sectors.