From the contents EDITORS'NOTES (J. Bradford Hodson, Bruce W. Speck).
1. The Course Concierge Service (Paul A. Neill) A Course Concierge service helps students navigate a path through full classes and scheduling conflicts.
2. Rendezvous with the World: Missouri Southern State University's Themed Semesters (Chad Stebbins) A regional university selects a different country to emphasize each fall semester to provide every student with a global experience.
3. Helping the International Student Understand the American University (Mary Chang) Intensive English programs provide opportunities for international students to connect with American students and other international students, as well as to feel part of a global community.
4. Partners in Student Success (Clayton N. Tatro, J. Bradford Hodson) Pittsburg State University and Fort Scott Community College built a bridge program to make education more accessible to students.
5. Knowledge Sourcing in IT Support Services (Sue B. Workman) Indiana University uses technology and knowledge management to provide abundant leveraged IT support.
6. The Student Success Coach (Claudia Neuhauser, Kendra Weber) A new Health Sciences undergraduate major created a need for innovative support services on a recently established campus.
7. A Proactive Approach to Serving Military and Veteran Students (Tracey L. Moon, Geraldine A. Schma) Western Michigan University responded to the unique and growing needs of military and veteran students by creating an office to engage the entire academic community.
8. A Collaborative Approach to College and University Student Health and Wellness (Darren S. Fullerton) Combining university health centers and campus recreation and wellness centers into one facility is a new trend in collaborative facility design.