|Griffis, Michael / Epstein, Lita|
Trading For Dummies
2. Edition May 2009
2009. 384 Pages, Softcover
- Practical Approach Book -
ISBN 978-0-470-43840-4 - John Wiley & Sons
E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
Now updated - your guide to trading success regardless of the market!
Want to make smarter trading decisions? This strategy-packed, no-nonsense guide presents a proven system for analyzing stocks, trends, and indicators and setting a buy-and-sell range beforehand to decrease your risk in both up and down markets. You'll discover the benefits of position trading, conduct technical analysis, and research your entry and exit points before you even purchase your stock.
* Build your trading toolbox - know the markets and exchanges, find a broker, set up your brokerage account, and determine your computer/Internet needs
* Explore position trading - discover the benefit of executing trades in and out of positions and holding positions for various lengths of time, depending on trends
* Find value in fundamental analysis - observe market behavior, understand economic indicators, find critical information in financial statements, and make the most of analysts
* Take on technical analysis - build and read charts, identify trends, recognize bull and bear patterns, and differentiate between stocks that are range bound and ones that are trending
* Develop strategies for buying and selling - know your risks, gather key info through analysis to build your optimum trading strategy, and develop your own powerful trading system
* Jump into the deep end - from swing and day trading to derivatives and foreign currency, get the basics of these riskier forms of trading
Open the book and find:
* The ins and outs of trading stocks
* Fresh ways to analyze trends and indicators
* Updated stock charts and Web sites
* Position trading tips and techniques
* Step-by-step instructions for building and reading charts
* Key money management techniques
* Warnings about frauds and scams
* Top ten trading survival techniques
* Huge trading mistakes to avoid at all costs
From the contents
Part I: So You Want to Be a Trader: Gathering Your Tools.
Chapter 1: The Ups and Downs of Trading Stocks.
Chapter 2: Exploring the Markets and the Stock Exchanges.
Chapter 3: Going for Broke(r): Discovering Your Brokerage Options.
Chapter 4: Putting Your Computer to Work: Your Key Business Tool.
Part II: Reading the Fundamentals: Fundamental Analysis.
Chapter 5: Fundamentals 101: Observing Market Behavior.
Chapter 6: Digging Into the Critical Parts of Fundamental Analysis.
Chapter 7: Listening to Analyst Calls.
Part III: Reading the Charts: Technical Analysis.
Chapter 8: Reading the Tea Leaves: Does Technical Analysis Work?
Chapter 9: Reading Bar Charts Is Easy (Really).
Chapter 10: Following Trends for Fun and Profit.
Chapter 11: Calculating Indicators and Oscillators.
Part IV: Developing Strategies for When to Buy and Sell Stocks.
Chapter 12: Money Management Techniques: When to Hold 'em, When to Fold 'em.
Chapter 13: Using Fundamental and Technical Analyses for Optimum Strategy.
Chapter 14: Executing Your Trades.
Chapter 15: Developing Your Own Powerful Trading System.
Part V: Risk-Taker's Paradise.
Chapter 16: The Basics of Swing Trading.
Chapter 17: The Basics of Day Trading.
Chapter 18: Doing It by Derivatives.
Chapter 19: Going Foreign (Forex).
Chapter 20: Trading for Others: Obtaining Trading Licenses and Certifications.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 21: Ten (Or More) Huge Trading Mistakes.
Chapter 22: Top Ten Trading Survival Techniques.