|Guerrero-Legarreta, Isabel / Hui, Y. H. / Alarcón-Rojo, Alma Delia / Alvarado, Christine / Bawa, Amarinder S. / Guerrero-Avendaño, Francisco / Lunden, Janne / McKee, Lisa / Pérez-Alvarez, José Ángel / Mine, Yoshinori / Owens, Casey M. / Regenstein, Joe M. / Rosmini, Marcelo R. / Soriano-Santos, Jorge / Wu, J. Eddie (eds.)|
Handbook of Poultry Science and Technology
Volume 1: Primary Processing
1. Edition March 2010
2010. 788 Pages, Hardcover
- Handbook/Reference Book -
ISBN 978-0-470-18552-0 - John Wiley & Sons
E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
Together with the Handbook of Poultry Processing: Husbandry, Slaughter, Preservation and Safety, this title provides a comprehensive reference for the poultry industry, bringing together an editorial and author team with US and international members and a broad range of topics. It includes the scientific, technical, and engineering principles of poultry processing, methods and product categories, product manufacturing, and attributes, sanitation and safety. The text also details safety requirements and regulatory enforcement in the US, EU, and Asia.
From the contents
PART 1: POULTRY BIOLOGY TO PRE-MORTEM STATUS.
1. Poultry classification/biology.
2. Competitive exclusion.
3. Pre mortem handling.
5. The slaughterhouse: building.
6. Slaughtering equipment.
7. Carcass evaluation and cutting.
8. Official control.
10. Kosher slaughter.
11. Halal slaughter.
PART 3: PRESERVATION: FREEZING.
12. Biochemical changes.
13. Physicochemical changes.
14. Low temperature storage.
15. Engineer. principles of freezing.
16. Quality of frozen poultry Sendra.
17. Quality of refrigerated poultry.
18. Refrigeration: equipment.
19. Freezing: equipment.
20. Refri./freezing retails.
21. Refri./freezing industr. Facilities.
PART 4 PRESERVATION: HEATING.
22. Heating, drying, chemicals.
PART 5: COMPOSITION, CHEMISTRY, AND SENSORY.
24. Quality characteristics.
25. Chemical composition.
26. Texture and tenderness.
PART 6: EGGS.
28. Eggs attributes.
29. Eggs Science and Technology.
PART 7: SANITATION AND SAFETY.
Section 1: Sanitation, regulations and disease outbreaks.
30. Chemical residues.
31. Microbiology of fresh poultry meat.
32. Principles of HACCP Wendakeen.
33. HACCP in poultry slaughterhouses.
35. Poultry/foodborne diseas. in US.
36. Poultry foodborne diseasess in Central and South America.
SECTION 5: WORKERS SAFETYY.
37. OSHA: basic considerations.