2. Edition January 2008
2008. 436 Pages, Hardcover
ISBN 978-0-470-51729-1 - John Wiley & Sons
Also available as Softcover.
E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
Coastal Geomorphology, Second Edition is a comprehensive and systematic introduction to the subject and demonstrates the dynamic nature of coastal landforms, providing a background for analytical planning and management strategies in coastal areas subject to continuing changes.
This introductory textbook has been completely revised and updated, and is supplemented by a website which provides additional illustrations, global examples, case studies and more detailed and advanced information on topics referenced in the book, together with the reader with a coastal geomorphology in formation system that will enable them to follow up particular topics in more detail if required.
This book will be an invaluable reference fro undergraduate and graduate students taking relevant courses within physical geography, geology and other related earth and environmental science subjects.
* Completely revised and updated to include recent events such as the Indian Ocean tsunami and New Orleans flooding
* Provides global examples of coastal features and process relationships from Britain, Europe, North America and Australasia
* A systematic approach to coastal geomorphology to enhance student understanding
* Includes key discussion on the effects of human activity on coasts and their continuing contribution to coastal landform changes
* Includes a website with further references and case studies