E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
Short description The need for information on program management is more critical now than ever before. PMI¿s development of a new standard on program management is driving even greater interest. At the same time, there are few books covering the subject that provide practical answers, benchmarks, and case studies. Responding to the great need in the market for a comprehensive text, Program Management for Improved Business Results focuses on both the macro level of integrating projects and portfolios into the business strategy and the micro level of managing a single program. The book contains six issue-oriented cases woven throughout the text, and an additional 5 comprehensive cases in an appendix. The result is a blueprint for the successful implementation of program management.
From the contents Preface.
PART I. IT'S ABOUT THE BUSINESS.
1. Demystifying Program Management.
2. The Business Case for Program Management
3. Aligning Programs with Business Strategy.
Program Management in Practice: LorryMer IT.
4. Managing the Whole Product.
PART II. MANAGING THE PROGRAM.
5. The Program Team.
6. Program Definition and Planning.
7. Program Execution.
8. Program Processes.
Program Management in Practice: The Budica Program.
PART III. PROGRAM MANAGEMENT METRICS AND TOOLS.
9. Program Management Metrics.
10. Strategic Program Management Tools.
11. Operational Program Management Tools.
Program Management in Practice: Using Tools on a Mercedes.
PART IV. THE PROGRAM MANAGER.
12. Program Manager Roles and Responsibilities.
13. Program Manager Core Competencies
Program Management in Practice: Spotlight Corp.
PART V. ORGANIZING FOR PROGRAM MANAGEMENT.
14. Transitioning to Program Management.
15. The Program Management Office.
Program Management in Practice: Trust Corporation.