|O'Gorman, Francis (ed.)|
An Annotated Anthology
Blackwell Annotated Anthologies
1. Edition May 2004
2004. 736 Pages, Softcover
ISBN 978-0-631-23436-4 - John Wiley & Sons
Also available as Hardcover.
Victorian Poetry: An Annotated Anthology is a fully annotated and illustrated collection of Victorian poetry.
* Features a generous selection of work by all the major figures of the age, including Matthew Arnold, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Robert Browning, Alfred Tennyson, and Oscar Wilde
* Presents several long poems in their entirety, such as Arnold's 'Empedocles on Etna', Clough's Amours de Voyage, Meredith's Modern Love and Tennyson's In Memoriam AHH
* Each poet is introduced by a biographical headnote
* Each poem is introduced by a headnote giving publication details, biographical facts, contextual material, and other information
* The poems themselves are all fully annotated
* Extensive introductory material enables readers to read across the volume chronologically, thematically, or by individual author
* Features twelve black and white illustrations of images referred to in or relevant to the poetry