Guttenplan, Samuel / Hornsby, Jennifer / Janaway, Christopher Reading Philosophy Selected Texts with a Method for Beginners Reading Philosophy
1. Edition October 2002 25.90 Euro 2002. 312 Pages, Softcover ISBN 978-0-631-23438-8 - John Wiley & Sons
Detailed description This flexible introductory textbook explores several key themes in philosophy, and helps the reader learn to engage with the key arguments by introducing and analysing a selection of classic readings.
* Fully integrated introductory text with readings for beginning students of philosophy.
* Each chapter focusses on a core philosophical topic, and contains an introduction to the topic, 2 classic readings and interactive commentaries on the readings.
* An introductory book which doesn't merely tell the reader about the subject, but requires them to engage philosophically with the text.
* A pedagogical resource developed in the classroom by the authors at the University of London.