Tubbs, Nigel Philosophy of the Teacher Journal of Philosophy of Education
1. Edition December 2005 26.90 Euro 2005. 256 Pages, Softcover ISBN 978-1-4051-3886-4 - John Wiley & Sons
Detailed description This book brings various philosophical, social, religious and political perspectives to bear upon the work that teachers do, and to the often contradictory experiences they have in such work.
* Introduces teachers to philosophical ways of understanding their work.
* Intervenes in academic debates pertaining to the idea of the teacher.
* Arguments are grounded in the everyday experiences that teachers have.
* The material is carefully and deliberately organised around these experiences.
From the contents Acknowledgement to the Cover Artist.
Part I: The Broken Middle of Philosophy, Education and Culture.
1. Philosophy in Education and Education in Philosophy.