E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
Short description This book provides both a clear exposition and an original critique of Butlers work. It examines her core ideas, traces the development of her thought from her first book to her most recent work, assessing Butlers engagement with other key philosophies, as well as addressing the nature and impact of Butlers writing on feminist theory.
From the contents * Contents
* Chapter One: Introduction
* Chapter Two: Rethinking sex and gender
* Chapter Three: Towards a subversive gender politics
* Chapter Four: Psychoanalysis and gendered subjectivity
* Chapter Five: 'Talking back': resignification and politics