|Edwards, Geoffrey / Wiessala, Georg (eds.)|
European Annual Review, The European Union
Annual Review 2000/2001
Journal of Common Market Studies
4. Edition September 2001
2001. 208 Pages, Softcover
ISBN 978-0-631-22751-9 - John Wiley & Sons
The Annual Review, produced in association with the Journal of Common Market Studies, covers the key developments in the European Union and its Member States in 2000. It contains analytical articles on key political, economic and legal issues in the EU by leading experts, together with a keynote article entitled "The Treaty of Nice - Negotiating a Poisoned Chalice" by Mark Gray and Alexander Stubb.
From the contents
1. Editorial: Visions and Realities: Geoffrey Edwards and George Wiessala.
2. Keynote Article: The Treaty of Nice -
Negotiating a Poisoned Chalice?: Mark Gray and Alexander Stubb.
3. Governance and Institutions 2000: Edging Towards Enlargement: Desmond Dinan.
4. Conscientious Resolve: The Portuguese Presidency of 2000: Geoffrey Edwards and George Wiessala.
5. The French Presidency: The Half Success of Nice: Christian Lequesne.
6. Internal Policy Developments: Hussein Kassim.
7. Climbing Up (and Sliding Down) the Euro Learning Curve: Alison Cottrell.
8. Legal Developments: Jo Hunt.
9. External Policy Developments: David Allen and Michael Smith.
10. Enlarging the European Union: Julie Smith.
11. Justice and Home Affairs: Jorg Monar.
12. Developments in the Member States: Lee Miles.
13. Developments in the Economies of the European Union: Nigel Grimwade.
14. The European Union in 2000 at a Glance: Georg Wiessala.
15. Documentation of the European Union in 2000: Patrick Overy and Ian Mayfield.
16. Books on European Integration: Brian Ardy and Jackie Gower.