E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
Short description To avoid war, one must first understand its causes. Written by two highly regarded scholars - both former Presidents of the International Studies Association - this text provides a comprehensive analysis of the leading theories of both interstate and civil war, along with a discussion of the changing nature of war over time. Scholarly and insightful, Causes of War offers a systematic analysis of the sources of conflict between and within states and their implications for the future of international relations.
From the contents Acknowledgments.
1. Introduction to the Study of War.
2. System-Level Theories.
3. The Dyadic Interactions of States.
4. The State and Societal Level.
5. Decision-Making: The Individual Level.
6. Decision-Making: The Organizational Level.
7. Civil War.
8. Conclusion: Reflections on Levels, Causes, and War.