Boswell, Christina European Migration Policies in Flux Changing Patterns of Inclusion and Exclusion Chatham House Papers
1. Edition September 2003 26.90 Euro 2003. 168 Pages, Softcover ISBN 978-1-4051-0296-4 - John Wiley & Sons
Detailed description European migration policies are undergoing significant changes. After three decades of highly restrictive approaches, demographic changes and gaps in labour supply are prompting many European governments to liberalize their migration policies.
* Timely book examining the nature and impact of the changing migration policies in France, Germany and the UK.
* Analyses the content of new legislation, as well as the policy debate and party political treatment of migration issues in each country.
* Considers the implications of the new policies on other categories of migrants: asylum seekers, refugees and resident ethnic minorities.
From the contents Introduction.
1. The Evolution of Postwar European Migration Policies.