|Buskist, William / Burke, Caroline|
Preparing for Graduate Study in Psychology
101 Questions and Answers
2. Edition September 2006
2006. 120 Pages, Softcover
ISBN 978-1-4051-4052-2 - John Wiley & Sons
The second edition of this highly successful book helps psychology students plan and prepare for graduate study at every step of the application process.
* Handy resource devoted to important, commonly asked questions and concise, to-the-point answers that bring students up to speed on the process of applying for graduate study.
* Features a series of specific questions and detailed answers about key elements of the application process.
* Provides additional practical tools in the Appendices such as a timetable for completing preparation, descriptions of the different concentrations in psychology, a worksheet for comparing graduate programs , and ranking information on graduate programs in psychology in US and Canada.
* Helps students make wise choices at critical points in preparing their application dossiers.
From the contents
1. Introduction: The Big Picture.
2. Getting Started: Preparing for the Big Change.
3. Choosing a Program: Navigating Your Way through the Maze.
4. The GRE: The Test.
5. The Application Process: Doing the Paperwork.
6. The Interview: How to Make the Right Impression.
7. Getting in or Not Getting in: Reality Strikes.
8. The First Year: Thriving, Surviving, and Other Essentials.
Suggested Additional Sources of Information.
Glossary and Index.
Appendix I: Timetable for Graduate Study Preparation.
Appendix II: General Concentrations of Psychology in Graduate School.
Appendix III: Outline for the Vita and Sample Vita.
Appendix IV: Sample Letters of Intent