|Grossman, Richard F. (ed.)|
Handbook of Vinyl Formulating
Wiley Series on Plastics Engineering and Technology
2. Edition May 2008
2008. 532 Pages, Hardcover
ISBN 978-0-471-71046-2 - John Wiley & Sons
E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
A valuable tool for the researcher and practicing professional and a great foundation-builder for training newcomers to the industry, Handbook of Vinyl Formulating, Second Edition provides 'typical' or 'starting point' recipes for significant applications. Providing advice as to the direction of modification to enhance one property or another, or to provide for improved processing, this valuable update provokes innovation by explaining why ingredients produce their observed effects.
From the contents
Preface to the Second Edition.
Preface to the First Edition.
1. Formulation Development (Edward J. Wickson and Richard F. Grossman).
2. Resin Selection for PVC Applications (Paul Kroushl).
3. PVC Special Products (J. R. Goots, Michael P. Moore, Kenneth B. Szoc, Richard J. Burns, and James H. Bly).
4. Antidegradants (George W. Thacker, Richard F. Grossman, and John T. Lutz, Jr).
5. Colorants for Vinyl (William R. Mathew and Richard F. Grossman).
6. Fillers and Reinforcements for PVC (Sara Robinson, Thomas H. Ferrigno, and Richard F. Grossman).
7. Monomeric Plasticizers (Allen D. Godwin and Leonard G. Krauskopf).
8. Specialty Plasticizers (William D. Arendt and Makarand Joshi).
9. Formulating Vinyl for Flame Resistance (Paul Y. Moy).
10. Impact Modification (Mark T. Berard and C. Michael Vanek).
11. Processing Aids for PVC (C. Michael Vanek and Mark T. Berard).
12. Lubricants and Related Additives (Richard F. Grossman).
13. Plastisol Technology (Ashok Shah, B. Mikofalvy, L. Horvath, and Richard F. Grossman).
14. Formulating Expanded Products (Jeremy H. Exelby, R. R. Puri, David M. Henshaw, and Richard F. Grossman).
15. Alloys and Blends (Michael K. Stockdale, Robert S. Brookman, and Richard F. Grossman).
16. Flame Retardants and Smoke Suppressants (John C. Morley and Richard F. Grossman).
17. Vinyl Wood Fiber Composites (Laurent M. Matuana and Richard F. Grossman).
18. Laboratory Methods (M. Fred Marx, Marvin Whitley, Pierre Verrier, and Richard F. Grossman).
19. Regulatory and Legislative Matters Affecting the Plastics Industry: Health, Safety, and the Environment (Lewis B. Weisfeld).
20. Formulating Flexible PVC for Molding and Coating (Richard F. Grossman).
21. Formulating Rigid PVC for Extrusion (George A. Thacker).
22. Design of Experiments (R. J. Del Vecchio).