Detailed description In Mysticism After Modernity, Don Cupitt argues that the extensive modern literature about mysticism has rested upon a mistake - the belief that there can be meaningful experience prior to language.
From the contents Introduction: The Mysticism of Secondariness.
1. The Modern Construction of Mysticism and Religious Experience.
2. Theories of Mysticism in Modernity.
3. Dogmatic Theology is an Ideology of Absolute Spiritual Power.
4. Mysticism is a Kind of Writing.
5. How Mystical Writing Produces Religious Happiness.
6. The Politics of Mysticism.
7. Mystical Writing was the Forerunner of Deconstruction and Radical Theology.