|Reeser, Todd W.|
Masculinities in Theory
1. Edition January 2010
2010. 248 Pages, Softcover
ISBN 978-1-4051-6860-1 - John Wiley & Sons
Also available as Hardcover.
E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
Masculinities in Theory is a clear, concise, and comprehensive introduction to the field of masculinity studies from a humanities perspective.
* Serves as a much-needed introduction to the field for students and scholars of cultural studies, literature, art, film, communication, history, and gender studies
* Includes discussions of gay/queer, feminist, and gender studies in relation to masculinity
* Covers the key theoretical approaches to the study of masculinity, and introduces new models
* Explores the question What is masculinity and how does it work?
* Looks at language, discourse, signification, power, cross-dressing, female, queer and transsexual masculinity, race and masculinity, nation and masculinity, interracial masculinities, and masculinities in history