|Leicht, Kevin T. / Fennell, Mary L.|
A Sociological Approach
1. Edition August 2001
2001. 272 Pages, Softcover
ISBN 978-0-631-20725-2 - John Wiley & Sons
Also available as Hardcover.
Professional Work: A Sociological Approach is an introduction examining recent trends in the world of professional work. Authors Kevin Leicht and Mary Fennell review the history and theory of managerial and professional work, and then describe specific contemporary changes in professions and work-settings.
* Provides overview of recent organizational changes in the workplace.
* Analyzes current history and theory of managerial and professional work.
* Includes definitions of key terms, original tables and figures.
From the contents
List of Figures.
List of Tables.
1. Professional and Managerial Work in the 21st Century.
2. Conceptual Background: The Expert Division of Labor and Professional Work.
3. Managers and Managerial Work in the 20th Century.
4. The Neoentrepreneurial Workplace.
5. Theoretical Models of Professional Work.
6. Change in the Organizational Context of Managerial and Professional Work.
7. Interest Diversity and Demographic Diversity Among Professionals.
8. Organizations as Vehicles for Producing Stratification Among Professionals.
9. Conclusion: The Rise of the Postorganizational Workplace.
Additional Readings on Professions.