|Sperling, Leslie Howard|
Introduction to Physical Polymer Science
4. Edition January 2006
2006. 880 Pages, Hardcover
- Textbook -
ISBN 978-0-471-70606-9 - John Wiley & Sons
E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
This updated version of the classic, bestselling introductory textbook to physical polymer science emphasizes interrelationships between molecular structure and the morphology and mechanical behavior of polymers. It is an invaluable resource for professionals in polymer science, materials science, chemical engineering , and students of all levels.
From the contents
Preface to the Fourth Edition.
Preface to the First Edition.
Symbols and Definitions.
1. Introduction to Polymer Science.
2. Chain Structure and Configuration.
3. Dilute Solution Thermodynamics, Molecular Weights, and Sizes.
4. Concentrated Solutions, Phase Separation Behavior, and Diffusion.
5. The Amorphous State.
6. The Crystalline State.
7. Polymers in the Liquid Crystalline State.
8. Glass-Rubber Transition Behavior.
9. Cross-linked Polymers and Rubber Elasticity.
10. Polymer Viscoelasticity and Rheology.
11. Mechanical Behavior of Polymers.
12. Polymer Surfaces and Interfaces.
13. Multicomponent Polymeric Materials.
14. Modern Polymer Topics.