|Bongmba, Elias Kifon (ed.)|
The Wiley-Blackwell Companion to African Religions
Blackwell Companions to Religion
1. Edition April 2012
2012. 632 Pages, Hardcover
ISBN 978-1-4051-9690-1 - John Wiley & Sons
E-Books are also available on all known E-Book shops.
The Wiley-Blackwell Companion to African Religions brings together a team of international scholars to create a single-volume resource on the religious beliefs and practices of the peoples in Africa.
* Offers broad coverage of issues relating to African religions, considering experiences in indigenous, Christian, and Islamic traditions across the continent
* Contributors are from a variety of fields, ensuring the volume offers multidisciplinary perspectives
* Explores methodological approaches to religion from anthropological, philosophical, and historical perspectives
* Provides insights into the historical developments in African religions, as well as contemporary issues such as the development of African-initiated churches, neo traditional religions, and Pentecostalism
* Discusses important topics at the intersection of culture and religion in Africa, including the arts, health, politics, globalization, gender relations, and the economy