Science, Technology, and Processing
1. Auflage Oktober 2010
464 Seiten, Hardcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Asian noodles are one of the oldest forms of processed foods consumed in Asia, and quickly gaining popularity worldwide. Asian Noodles: Science, Technology and Processing provides comprehensive, cutting-edge coverage on Asian noodles. The expert team of authors cover an array of topics including developing new wheat varieties for noodle products, producing high quality flour for specific noodles, evaluating noodle quality, designing noodle production facilities, and effectively and efficiently controlling noodle quality. Combining theory with applied technology and skills, this book is an ideal text for students, food scientists, and researchers.
Preis: 219,00 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
In Asian Noodles: Science, Technology and Processing, international experts review the current knowledge and offer comprehensive cutting-edge coverage on Asian noodles unmatchable in any publication. The authors cover an array of topics including breeding for noodle wheat, noodle flour milling, noodle flour quality control and analysis, noodle processing, sensory and instrumental measurements of noodle quality, the effects of wheat factors on noodle quality, packaging and storage, nutritional fortification of noodle products, noodle flavor seasoning, and noodle plant setup and management.
1. Breeding Noodle Wheat in China (Zhonghu He, Xianchun Xia, and Yan Zhang).
2. Breeding for Dual-Purpose Hard White Wheat in the US: Noodles and Pan Bread (Arron H. Carter, Carl A. Walker, and Kimberlee K. Kidwell).
3. Wheat Milling and Flour Quality Analysis for Noodles in Japan (Hideki Okusu, Syunsuke Otsubo, and James Dexter).
4. Wheat Milling and Flour Quality Analysis for Noodles in Taiwan (C. C. Chen and Shu-ying (Sophia) Yang).
5. Noodle Processing Technology (Gary G. Hou, Syunsuke Otsubo, Hideki Okusu, and Lanbin Shen).
6. Instant Noodle Seasonings (Kerry Fabrizio, Rajesh Potineni, and Kim Gray).
7. Packaging of Noodle Products (Qingyue Ling).
8. Laboratory Pilot-Scale Noodle Manufacturing and Evaluation Protocols (Gary G. Hou).
9. Objective Evaluation of Noodles (David W. Hatcher).
10. Sensory Evaluation of Noodles (Bin Xiao Fu and Linda Malcolmson).
11. Effects of Flour Protein and Starch on Noodle Quality (Byung-Kee Baik).
12. Effects of Polyphenol Oxidase on Noodle Color: Mechanisms, Measurement, and Improvement (E. Patrick Fuerst, James V. Anderson, and Craig F. Morris).
13. Effects of Flour Characteristics on Noodle Texture (Andrew S. Ross and Graham B. Crosbie).
14. Noodle Plant Setup and Resource Management (Gary G. Hou, Syunsuke Otsubo, Veronica Jimenez, and Julio Gonzalez).
15. Quality Assurance Programs for Instant Noodle Manufacturing (Sumonrut Kamolchote, Toh Tian Seng, Julio Gonzalez, and Gary G. Hou).
16. Rice and Starch-Based Noodles (Zhan-Hui Lu and Lilia S. Collado).