The Handbook of Behavioral Operations
Wiley Series in Operations Research and Management Science
1. Auflage Januar 2019
688 Seiten, Hardcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Preis: 129,00 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
A comprehensive review of behavioral operations management that puts the focus on new and trending research in the field
The Handbook of Behavioral Operations offers a comprehensive resource that fills the gap in the behavioral operations management literature. This vital text highlights best practices in behavioral operations research and identifies the most current research directions and their applications. A volume in the Wiley Series in Operations Research and Management Science, this book contains contributions from an international panel of scholars from a wide variety of backgrounds who are conducting behavioral research.
The handbook provides succinct tutorials on common methods used to conduct behavioral research, serves as a resource for current topics in behavioral operations research, and as a guide to the use of new research methods. The authors review the fundamental theories and offer frameworks from a psychological, systems dynamics, and behavioral economic standpoint. They provide a crucial grounding for behavioral operations as well as an entry point for new areas of behavioral research. The handbook also presents a variety of behavioral operations applications that focus on specific areas of study and includes a survey of current and future research needs. This important resource:
* Contains a summary of the methodological foundations and in-depth treatment of research best practices in behavioral research.
* Provides a comprehensive review of the research conducted over the past two decades in behavioral operations, including such classic topics as inventory management, supply chain contracting, forecasting, and competitive sourcing.
* Covers a wide-range of current topics and applications including supply chain risk, responsible and sustainable supply chain, health care operations, culture and trust.
* Connects existing bodies of behavioral operations literature with related fields, including psychology and economics.
* Provides a vision for future behavioral research in operations.
Written for academicians within the operations management community as well as for behavioral researchers, The Handbook of Behavioral Operations offers a comprehensive resource for the study of how individuals make decisions in an operational context with contributions from experts in the field.
ELENA KATOK, PHD, is Ashok & Monica Mago Professor of Operations Management in the Naveen Jindal School of Management at the University of Texas at Dallas, and a Co-Director of the Center and Laboratory for Behavioral Operations and Economics.
STEPHEN LEIDER, PHD, is Associate Professor of Technology and Operations in the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan.