Novel Proteins for Food, Pharmaceuticals, and Agriculture
Sources, Applications, and Advances
1. Auflage November 2018
352 Seiten, Hardcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Preis: 172,00 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
A groundbreaking text that highlights the various sources, applications and advancements concerning proteins from novel and traditional sources
Novel Proteins for Food, Pharmaceuticals and Agriculture offers a guide to the various sources, applications, and advancements that exist and are currently being researched concerning proteins from novel and traditional sources. The contributors--noted experts in the field--discuss sustainable protein resources and include illustrative examples of bioactive compounds isolated from several resources that have or could obtain high market value in specific markets.
The text also explores a wide range of topics such as functional food formulations and pharmaceutical applications, and how they alter biological activity to provide therapeutic benefits, nutritional values and health protection. The authors also examine the techno-functional applications of proteins and looks at the screening process for identification of bioactive molecules derived from protein sources. In addition, the text provides insight into the market opportunities that exist for novel proteins such as insect, by-product derived, macroalgal and others. The authors also discuss the identification and commercialization of new proteins for various markets. This vital text:
* Puts the focus on the various sources, applications and advancements concerning proteins from novel and traditional sources
* Contains a discussion on how processing technologies currently applied to dairy could be applied to novel protein sources such as insect and macroalgal
* Reviews the sustainability of protein sources and restrictions that exist concerning development
* Offers ideas for creating an innovative and enterprising economy that is built on recent developments
* Details the potential to exploit key market opportunities in sports, infant and elderly nutrition and techno-functional protein applications
Written for industrial researchers as well as PhD and Post-doctoral researchers, and undergraduate students studying biochemistry, food engineering and biological sciences and those interested in market developments, Novel Proteins for Food, Pharmaceuticals and Agriculture offers an essential guide to the sources, applications and most recent developments of the proteins from both innovative and traditional sources.