Forest Products and Wood Science
7. Auflage März 2019
504 Seiten, Hardcover
Preis: 97,90 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
The updated seventh edition of the classic text on wood science and forestry
The seventh edition of Forest Products and Wood Science: An Introduction offers a fully revised and updated review of the forest products industry. This classic text contains a comprehensive review of the subject and presents a thorough understanding of the anatomical and physical nature of wood. The authors emphasize its use as an industrial raw material.
Forest Products and Wood Science provides thorough coverage of all aspects of wood science and industry, ranging from tree growth and wood anatomy to a variety of economically important wood products, along with their applications and performance. The text explores global raw materials, the increasing use of wood as a source of energy and chemicals and environmental implications of the use of wood. This edition features new material on structural composites, non-structural composites, durability and protection, pulp and paper, energy and chemicals, and global raw materials. This seventh edition of the classic work:
* Contains new information on a variety of topics including: structural composites, non-structural composites, durability and protection, pulp and paper, energy and chemicals and global raw materials
* Includes a fully revised text that meets the changing needs of the forestry, engineering, and wood science academics and professionals
* Presents material written by authors with broad experience in both the private and academic sectors
Written for undergraduate students in forestry, natural resources, engineering, and wood science, as well as forest industry personnel, engineers, wood-based manufacturing and using professionals, the seventh edition of Forest Products and Wood Science updates the classic text that has become an indispensable resource.
Authors Biographical Sketches xi
About the Companion Website xxi
1. Tree Growth and Production of Woody Tissue 1
2. Macroscopic Character of Wood 21
3. Composition and Structure of Wood Cells 45
4. Softwood Structure 65
5. Hardwood Structure 79
6. Juvenile Wood, Reaction Wood, and Wood of Branches 107
7. Wood and Water 141
8. Density and Specific Gravity 175
9. Strength and Mechanics 197
10. Durability and Protection 231
11. Silvicultural Practices and Wood Quality 257
12. Lumber 293
13. Structural Composites 325
14. Nonstructural Composites 369
15. Pulp and Paper 401
16. Energy and Chemical Products 425
17. Global Raw Materials 447
RUBIN SHMULSKY is Professor and Head of the Department of Sustainable Bioproducts at Mississippi State University. He has published extensively on various topics in forestry and wood science and provides professional consulting throughout North America.
P. DAVID JONES is a Consulting Professional who provides technical service domestically and around the world. He is a distinguished academic in forestry and wood science. Previously he served on the faculty of Forest Products at Mississippi State University where he worked on wood quality and products.