Power System Control and Stability
IEEE Press Series on Power Engineering (Band Nr. 1)
3. Auflage November 2019
832 Seiten, Hardcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Preis: 152,00 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
The third edition of the landmark book on power system stability and control, revised and updated with new material
The revised third edition of Power System Control and Stability continues to offer a comprehensive text on the fundamental principles and concepts of power system stability and control as well as new material on the latest developments in the field. The third edition offers a revised overview of power system stability and a section that explores the industry convention of q axis leading d axis in modeling of synchronous machines.
In addition, the third edition focuses on simulations that utilize digital computers and commercial simulation tools, it offers an introduction to the concepts of the stability analysis of linear systems together with a detailed formulation of the system state matrix. The authors also include a revised chapter that explores both implicit and explicit integration methods for transient stability. Power System Control and Stability offers an in-depth review of essential topics and:
* Discusses topics of contemporary and future relevance in terms of modeling, analysis and control
* Maintains the approach, style, and analytical rigor of the two original editions
* Addresses both power system planning and operational issues in power system control and stability
* Includes updated information and new chapters on modeling and simulation of round-rotor synchronous machine model, excitation control, renewable energy resources such as wind turbine generators and solar photovoltaics, load modeling, transient voltage instability, modeling and representation of three widely used FACTS devices in the bulk transmission network, and the modeling and representation of appropriate protection functions in transient stability studies
* Contains a set of challenging problems at the end of each chapter
Written for graduate students in electric power and professional power system engineers, Power System Control and Stability offers an invaluable reference to basic principles and incorporates the most recent techniques and methods into projects.
JAMES D. MCCALLEY, PhD, is an Anson Marston Distinguished Professor at Iowa State University. Dr. McCalley, a Fellow of the IEEE, was an industry engineer from 1985-1990 performing dynamic analysis of the Western US Interconnection. He has been on the faculty at Iowa State University since 1992 performing research and instruction in power system planning and dynamic analysis.
PAUL M. ANDERSON, PhD, served as a professor of engineering at Iowa State University, Arizona State University, and as a visiting professor at Washington State University. Dr. Anderson passed away in 2011.
A. A. FOUAD was Anson Marston Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Engineering at Iowa State University. He had more than 40 years experience in power system dynamics in teaching, research, and in industry. Dr. Fouad passed away in 2017.