Hugo and Russell's Pharmaceutical Microbiology
9. Auflage März 2023
576 Seiten, Softcover
Preis: 67,90 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
Hugo & Russell's Pharmaceutical Microbiology
Discover the very latest developments in pharmaceutical microbiology in the 9th edition of this popular textbook
Microbiology is one of the essential pharmaceutical sciences upon which the study and practice of pharmacy is built. It has a bearing on all aspects of the manufacture of medicines and sterile products, from their design and development to their delivery as quality products. Few interventions are more central to modern medicine than the treatment of infection, where antibiosis, vaccination and hygienic practices have essential roles to play. The COVID-19 pandemic, the appearance of new pathogens and the rise of antibiotic resistance have demonstrated most completely the need for pharmaceutical practitioners, researchers and industrial scientists to be fully conversant with this field.
The 9th edition of Hugo and Russell's Pharmaceutical Microbiology has been updated to meet this need. Having long served as the sole comprehensive textbook covering this subject, it has now been adapted to a critical new period in the advancement of medical and pharmaceutical research and development. Its experienced editors have incorporated contributions from subject experts and created a text which will serve the next generation of pharmacy students, pharmaceutical industry scientists and researchers.
In this ninth edition of Hugo and Russell's Pharmaceutical Microbiology, readers will find:
* A mix of established and new authors bringing practical and research experience to their chapters
* Material covering the fundamentals of microbiology, microbial behavior and laboratory investigation
* Revised chapters incorporating new material on microbe-host interactions, antibiotic resistance, emerging pathogens, public health microbiology, healthcare-associated infection and pharmaceutical manufacture
* Emerging understandings from the COVID-19 pandemic on infection prevention and control and vaccine development
* Practitioners providing their insights on clinical practice and pharmaceutical production
* An accompanying website incorporating teaching resources
Hugo and Russell's Pharmaceutical Microbiology, 9th edition promises to remain the essential text for pharmacy and medical students, as well as researchers and industry professionals.
Stephen P. Denyer, Ph.D is Emeritus Professor of Pharmacy at the Universities of Brighton and Sussex, Brighton, UK.