Dayside Magnetosphere Interactions
Geophysical Monograph Series (Band Nr. 248)
1. Auflage Juni 2020
320 Seiten, Hardcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Preis: 185,00 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
Exploring the processes and phenomena of Earth's dayside magnetosphere
Energy and momentum transfer, initially taking place at the dayside magnetopause, is responsible for a variety of phenomenon that we can measure on the ground. Data obtained from observations of Earth's dayside magnetosphere increases our knowledge of the processes by which solar wind mass, momentum, and energy enter the magnetosphere.
Dayside Magnetosphere Interactions outlines the physics and processes of dayside magnetospheric phenomena, the role of solar wind in generating ultra-low frequency waves, and solar wind-magnetosphere-ionosphere coupling.
Volume highlights include:
* Phenomena across different temporal and spatial scales
* Discussions on dayside aurora, plume dynamics, and related dayside reconnection
* Results from spacecraft observations, ground-based observations, and simulations
* Discoveries from the Magnetospheric Multiscale Mission and Van Allen Probes era
* Exploration of foreshock, bow shock, magnetosheath, magnetopause, and cusps
* Examination of similar processes occurring around other planets
The American Geophysical Union promotes discovery in Earth and space science for the benefit of humanity. Its publications disseminate scientific knowledge and provide resources for researchers, students, and professionals.
Philippe Escoubet, European Space Agency, The Netherlands
David Sibeck, LWS Geospace, USA
Guan Le, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, USA
Hui Zhang, University of Alaska Fairbanks, USA