Planning and Executing Credible Experiments
1. Auflage Juni 2020
282 Seiten, Hardcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Preis: 122,00 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
Provides comprehensive coverage of experiment planning, execution, and analysis
This handy, single-source resource guides readers in planning and conducting credible experiments for engineering, science, industrial processes, agriculture, and business. It takes them all the way through designing successful experiments, from initial conception, through execution of the experiment, to the final report, and prepares the reader to anticipate the choices faced throughout each one.
Filled with real-world examples from engineering science and industry, Planning and Executing Credible Experiments: A Guidebook for Engineering, Science, Industrial Processes, Agriculture, and Business offers chapters that challenge experimenters at each stage of planning and execution. Tested over decades at Stanford University and internationally, it is accompanied by a website hosting two powerful, free, open-source software tools that reinforce experiment design and analysis.
* A comprehensive guide to experiment planning, execution, and analysis
* Leads from initial conception, through the experiment's launch, to final report
* Prepares the reader to anticipate the choices faced throughout an experiment
* Offers chapters that propose questions that an experimenter will need to ask and answer during each stage of planning and execution
* Includes examples from real-life industrial experiments
* Accompanied by a website hosting open-source software
Planning and Executing Credible Experiments is an excellent resource for graduates and senior undergraduates--as well as professionals--across a wide variety of engineering disciplines.
Roy W. Henk, PhD, designed aerospace engine components and has conducted experimental tests in industry, a government lab and internationally. He has been a Professor in the USA, South Korea, and most notably at Kyoto University in Japan. His research includes experiment design, energy conversion, turbomachinery, and thermal fluid physics.