3. Auflage November 2022
480 Seiten, Hardcover
Preis: 119,00 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
A detailed and accessible exploration of the fundamentals and the latest advances in estuarine ecology
In the newly revised third edition of Estuarine Ecology, a team of distinguished ecologists presents the current knowledge in estuarine ecology with particular emphasis on recent trends and advances. The book is accessible to undergraduate students while also providing a welcome summary of up-to-date content for a more advanced readership.
This latest edition is optimized for classroom use, with a more intuitive mode of presentation that takes into account feedback from the previous edition's readers. Review questions and exercises have been added for all chapters that greatly assist in the learning and retention of the complex concepts discussed here.
Estuarine Ecology remains the gold standard for the discipline by taking stock of the dramatic technological and scientific breakthroughs made in the field since the last edition was written. It also offers:
* Thorough introductions to the ecology, geomorphology, circulation, and chemistry of estuaries
* In-depth treatments of estuarine primary and secondary production, including coastal marshes and mangrove wetlands
* A holistic view on estuarine ecosystems, their modeling and analysis, as well as the impact of human activities and climate change
* Detailed answers to all exercise questions on the companion website
Perfect for students of estuarine ecology and management, environmental science, geomorphology, fisheries science, oceanography, and natural resource management, Estuarine Ecology will also earn a place in the libraries of professionals, government employees, and consultants working on estuary and wetlands management and conservation.
2.Estuarine Geomorphology, Circulation, and Mixing
3. Estuarine Chemistry
4. Estuarine Phytoplankton
5. Estuarine Seagrasses
6. Coastal Marshes
7. Mangrove Wetlands
8. Estuarine Benthic Algae
9. Estuarine Microbial Ecology
10. Estuarine Zooplankton
11. Estuarine Benthos
12. Estuarine Nekton
13. Estuarine Wildlife
14. Estuarine Ecosystem Metabolism
15. Estuarine Food Webs
16. Estuarine Ecological Modeling
17. Estuarine Fisheries and Aquaculture
18. Global Climate Change and Estuarine Systems
Jeremy M. Testa, PhD, is Associate Professor at the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science in the United States.
Kenneth H. Dunton, PhD, is Professor at the University of Texas at Austin in the United States.