Ethylene in Plant Biology
1. Auflage Oktober 2022
448 Seiten, Hardcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Preis: 179,00 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
ETHYLENE IN PLANT BIOLOGY
Comprehensive resource detailing the role of ethylene in plant development regulation, gene regulation, root development, stress tolerance, and more
Ethylene in Plant Biology presents ethylene research from leading laboratories around the globe to allow readers to gain strong foundational coverage of the topic and aid in further ethylene research as it pertains to plant biology. The work covers general ideas as well as more specific and technical knowledge, detailing the overall role of ethylene in plant biology as a gaseous plant hormone that has emerged as an important signaling molecule which regulates several steps of a plant's life cycle. The ideas covered in the work range from discovery of ethylene, to its wide roles in plant growth and development, all the way to niche topics such as stress acclimation.
Written by highly qualified authors in fields directly related to plant biology and research, the work is divided into 20 chapters, with each chapter covering a specific facet of ethylene or the interaction between ethylene and plant health. Topics discussed in the text include:
* Our current understanding of ethylene and fruit ripening, plus the role of ethylene in flower and fruit development
* Ethylene implications in root development and crosstalk of ethylene with other phytohormones in plant development
* Ethylene as a multitasking regulator of abscission processes and powerful coordinator of drought responses
* Mechanisms for ethylene synthesis and homeostasis in plants, along with ethylene and phytohormone crosstalk in plant defense
* Ethylene and metabolic reprogramming under abiotic stresses, as well as ethylene's applications in crop improvement
For biologists, scientists, researchers, and policy makers in the agriculture and pharmaceutical industries, Ethylene in Plant Biology is a key resource to understand the state of the art in the field and establish a foundation of knowledge that can power future research efforts and practical applications.
2. Cross talk of ethylene with other phytohormones in the regulation of plant development
3. Ethylene and regulation of metabolites in plants
4. Ethylene as a multitasking regulator of abscission processes
5. Ethylene-a powerful coordinator of drought responses
6. Current understanding on ethylene and fruit ripening
7. Ethylene and ROS crosstalk in plant developmental processes
8. Role of ethylene in flower and fruit development
9. Ethylene and nutrients regulation in plantsAA
10. Plant metabolism adjustment in exogenously applied ethylene under stress
11. Role of ET and ROS in salt homeostasis and salinity stress tolerance and transgenic approaches to make salt tolerant crops
12. Ethylene and phytohormone crosstalk in plant defense against abiotic stress
13. Mechanism for ethylene synthesis and homeostasis in plants: Current updates
14. Ethylene and nitric oxide under salt stress: Exploring regulatory interactions
15. Ethylene and metabolic reprogramming under abiotic stresses
16. Regulation of Thermotolerant Stress in crop by Plant Growth-Promoting Rhizobacteria through Ethylene Homeostasis
17. Ethylene: Signalling, Transgenics, Applications in crop improvement
18. Role of ethylene in combating biotic stress
19. Ethylene and nitric oxide crosstalk in plants under abiotic stress
20. Polyamine metabolism and ethylene signalling in plants
Tajammul Husain, Department of Botany, University of Allahabad, Prayagraj, India.
Vijay Pratap Singh, Department of Botany, C.M.P. Degree College, University of Allahabad, Prayagraj, India.
Durgesh Kumar Tripathi, Crop Nanobiology and Molecular Stress Physiology Laboratory, Amity Institute of Organic Agriculture, Amity University Uttar Pradesh, India.
Sheo Mohan Prasad, Department of Botany, University of Allahabad, Prayagraj, India.
Nawal Kishore Dubey, Laboratory of Herbal Pesticides, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India.