Hiring for Diversity
The Guide to Building an Inclusive and Equitable Organization
1. Auflage September 2021
304 Seiten, Hardcover
Preis: 32,90 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
You want to build a more diverse organization, but how will you shift your hiring practices? Learn the playbook from the world's top talent executives and the global leader in diversity recruiting.
Hiring for Diversity: The Guide to Building an Inclusive and Equitable Organization brings together the most cutting-edge practices for implementing a diversity hiring strategy that leaves your organization with a comprehensive view and an actionable plan.
Using the author's research-backed Equal Hiring Index (r) and work with hundreds of leading employers, the book offers readers the most actionable examples of the policies and practices that inclusive hiring leaders employ today. You'll learn:
* How to take stock of your existing hiring and retention practices to identify the most urgent and high impact opportunities
* Where to enact tactical changes to your hiring practices and policies that will reduce bias and improve accessibility
* How to develop a comprehensive diversity sourcing strategy by building a holistic understanding of underrepresented communities
* How to shift the mindset and behavior of people in your organization to collectively advance your diversity hiring efforts
* How to measure your progress and report your impact in your diversity hiring
Perfect for human resources professionals, managers, executives, and board members, and existing and aspiring leaders passionate about diversity, Hiring for Diversity will also earn a prominent spot on the bookshelves of anyone interested in making the company they work in more inclusive, fair, and equitable.
Foreword by Judith Williams
Preface by Jennifer Brown
1. Setting the Stage: Going from Intent to Impact
2. Building your Diversity Hiring Vision, Goals and Reporting
3. Understanding Underrepresented Job Seekers
4. Designing an Inclusive Brand and Candidate Experience
5. Writing Inclusive Job Descriptions
6. Diversity Sourcing
7. Minimizing Selection Bias
8. Developing Fair Interviews
9. Ensuring Equitable Job Offers
10. Advancing and Retaining Diverse Hires
11. Mobilizing Your Organization in Diversity Hiring
Words of Wisdom from Leaders
About the Authors
SUSANNA THARAKAN is a leader and researcher focused on advancing diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplaces. She developed Mathison's Equal Hiring Index(r) and currently leads DE&I initiatives at Sisense. She earned her Bachelor's in psychology at Rutgers University and Master's in industrial/organizational psychology at Springfield College.