Epigenetics in Aquaculture
1. Auflage Juli 2023
512 Seiten, Hardcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Preis: 182,00 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
EPIGENETICS IN AQUACULTURE
This essential guide will allow you to understand how new developments in our knowledge of epigenetic mechanisms and epigenetic inheritance can be applied to improve aquaculture production and aquatic resource management and conservation.
Epigenetics is the study of heritable changes in gene expression that are independent of alterations in the nucleotide sequence. It integrates genomic and environmental influences to shape the phenotype. Epigenetics is a field with particular relevance to aquaculture and aquatic organisms, since it underpins acclimatory responses to diverse and changing environments and inheritance of desired phenotypes.
Epigenetics in Aquaculture provides a comprehensive introduction to epigenetics, epigenetic mechanisms, epigenetic inheritance, and research methods. It also provides the current state of the art on research and development on epigenetics in the major functions of aquatic organisms in the framework of aquaculture production. The fact that aquaculture is the fastest-growing sector of food production makes the book especially timely.
Readers will also find:
* Detailed treatment of subjects including aquatic faunal reproduction, sex determination, growth regulation, nutritional programming, disease resistance, stress response and much more
* Survey of current research lacunae and the projected future of the discipline
* An authorial team of internationally renowned experts
Epigenetics in Aquaculture is a valuable reference for researchers, biologists and advanced students in any area of marine science, oceanography, aquaculture, environmental science, and food production.
1. The potential role of epigenetics in aquaculture: Insights from different taxa to diverse teleosts
2. Transcriptional epigenetic mechanisms in aquatic species
3. Epigenetic regulation of gene expression by non-coding RNAs
4. Epigenetic inheritance in aquatic organisms
5. Environmental epigenetics in fish: Response to climate change stressors
6. Analytical methods and tools to study the epigenome
Part II: Epigenetics insights from major aquatic groups
7. Epigenetics in sexual maturation and gametes of fish
8. Epigenetics in sex determination and differentiation of fish
9. Epigenetics in fish growth
10. Epigenetics in fish nutritional programming
11. Microbiome, epigenetics, and fish health interactions in aquaculture
12. The epigenetics of stress in farmed fish - an appraisal
13. Epigenetics in hybridization and polyploidization of aquatic animals 14. Epigenetics in aquatic toxicology
15. Epigenetics in molluscs
16. Epigenetics in crustaceans
17. Epigenetics in algae
Part III: Implementation of epigenetics in aquaculture
18. Development of epigenetic biomarkers in& aquatic organisms
19. Genetics and epigenetics in aquaculture breeding
20. Epigenetics in aquaculture: knowledge gaps, challenges and future pros
Hanping Wang is Principal Scientist, Research Professor, and Director of the Ohio Center for Aquaculture Research and Development at The Ohio State University, Piketon, Ohio, USA.