Petroleum Refining Design and Applications Handbook, Volume 4
Heat Transfer, Pinch Analysis, and Process Safety Incidents
1. Auflage Februar 2023
1088 Seiten, Hardcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Preis: 302,00 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
This fourth volume in the Petroleum Refining set, this book continues the most up-to-date and comprehensive coverage of the most significant and recent changes to petroleum refining, presenting the state-of-the-art to the engineer, scientist, or student.
This book provides the design of heat exchanger equipment, crude oil fouling in pre-heat train exchangers, crude oil fouling models, fouling mitigation and monitoring, prevention and control of liquid and gas side fouling, using the Excel spreadsheet and UniSim design software for the design of shell and tube heat exchangers, double pipe heat exchangers, air-cooled exchangers, heat loss tracing for process piping, pinch analysis for hot and cold utility targets and process safety incidents involving these equipment items and pertinent industrial case studies.
Use of UniSim Design (UniSim STE) software is illustrated in further elucidation of the design of shell and tube heat exchangers, condensers, and UniSim ExchangerNet R470 for the design of heat exchanger networks using pinch analysis. This is important for determining minimum cold and hot utility requirements, composite curves of hot and cold streams, the grand composite curve, the heat exchanger network, and the relationship between operating cost index target and the capital cost index target against "Tmin.
Useful as a textbook, this is also an excellent, handy go-to reference for the veteran engineer, a volume no chemical or process engineering library should be without. Written by one of the world's foremost authorities, this book sets the standard for the industry and is an integral part of the petroleum refining renaissance. It is truly a must-have for any practicing engineer or student in this area.
This groundbreaking new volume:
* Assists engineers in rapidly analyzing problems and finding effective design methods and select mechanical specifications
* Provides improved design manuals to methods and proven fundamentals of process design with related data and charts
* Covers a complete range of basic day-to-day petroleum refining operations topics with new materials on significant industry changes
* Extensive Excel spreadsheets for the design of process vessels for mechanical separation of two-phase and three-phase fluids, double-pipe heat exchanger, air-cooled exchanger, pinch analysis for hot and cold utility targets.
* Provides UniSim (r)-based case studies for enabling simulation of key processes outlined in the book
* Helps achieve optimum operations and process conditions and shows how to translate design fundamentals into mechanical equipment specifications
* Has a related website that includes computer applications along with spreadsheets and concise applied process design flow charts and process data sheets
* Provides various case studies of process safety incidents in refineries and means of mitigating these from investigations by the US Chemical Safety Board
* Includes a vast Glossary of Petroleum and Technical Terminology