A Science-Based Approach to Making Better Choices
1. Auflage Dezember 2022
240 Seiten, Hardcover
Preis: 26,90 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
A concrete and hands-on method for improving your everyday decisions
Every 15 minutes, each of us can make ten or more small decisions. Some of them are relatively inconsequential, while others can change the course of our lives. What if you could improve all of your decisions, across the board, and start to build a healthier, more productive, and meaningful life?
In Wise Decisions: A Science-Based Approach to Making Better Choices, a team of accomplished industry experts delivers an evidence- and research-based blueprint for making the best decisions you can with the information you have. You'll learn to make the targeted, repeated investment of energy required to turn your decision-making process into one informed by reason, emotion, intuition, and science.
In the book, you'll discover:
* How to put the decision-making process under a microscope and learn what makes a decision truly wise
* Ways to help children, teens, and families make wise decisions
* How to train yourself to make wise decisions with voice training and other strategies
A can't-miss resource for parents, teachers, coaches, managers, executives, and other business leaders, Wise Decisions also offers timeless advice and guidance for anyone else hoping to improve the decision-making abilities of the people close to them.
PART 1: Y.O.D.A. FUNDAMENTALS (Your Own Decision Advisor)
1. Health Ignites Wisdom in Decision Making
2. Getting Through to the Inner Core
3. The Voices in Our Head
4. Time for Serious Reflection
5. Equipping Y.O.D.A. with the Right Stuff
6. Protecting Your Inner Core at All Costs
7. Nature via Nurture: The Science of Uploading Y.O.D.A.
PART 2: Y.O.D.A. APPLIED TO CHILDREN, TEENS, AND FAMILIES
8. Y.O.D.A. Rising: Parenting Young Children
9. High-Performance Training for Parents: Y.O.D.A. for Teens
10. Transforming Your Family Story with Your Trained Inner Voice
PART 3: Y.O.D.A. IN THE BROADER ARENA OF LIFE
11. Managing Energy and Your Inner Voice
12. Managing Emotions and the Role of Y.O.D.A.
13. The Inner Voice and Managing Stress
14. The Role of Y.O.D.A. in Finding Flow
15. Y.O.D.A. Guided Storytelling
PART 4: Y.O.D.A. TRAINING STRATEGIES
16. Voice training 101:
17. Using Y.O.D.A. to Get Home
18. Summary Wisdom from Y.O.D.A.
DR. SHEILA OHLSSON is a Senior Scientist at the Institute for Applied Research in Youth Development at Tufts University and a Visiting Assistant Professor at the Johns Hopkins University School of Education. She earned her doctorate in Behavioral Genetics from the Social, Genetic, and Developmental Psychiatry Centre at King's College in London.