Ethics of Transitions
What World Do We Want to Live in Together?
1. Auflage November 2022
304 Seiten, Hardcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Preis: 155,00 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
This book covers all forms of ethical assessment of research and innovation at the European Commission, including the implications of the concept of RRI which has emerged as a new framework to be used by the European Commission, and indeed including the newer concepts of Open Innovation and Open Science which are designed to subsume and reconfigure RRI.
The book can be used as a 'how to' guide to understand and navigate the ethical and societal demands in developing European research projects; it also pushes the reflection and reflexivity further, bringing provoking new (and also some very old) perspectives to bear on ardent debates in studies of expertise, ethics and policy making.
2. What is Ethics of Science, Research and Innovation?
3. Europe and Values
4. Embedding values as ethics at the European Commission
5. From ethics to responsibility and beyond: the precautionary and the open
6. The promise and perils of embedding
7. Rethinking science, ethics and humanity in the digital and genetic age
8. Conclusion: From ethics to Responsibility