Energy Transfers by Radiation
1. Auflage Juni 2019
346 Seiten, Hardcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Preis: 135,00 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
Inside industrial furnaces and combustion chambers, energy is essentially exchanged by radiation. It is through the same mechanism that the energy emitted by the Sun spreads through different media to reach the Earth.
Developing a sound understanding of the laws underlying energy exchanges by radiation is therefore essential, not only for establishing design equations for industrial equipment, but also for an optimal harvesting of solar energy and a better understanding of climate change phenomena such as the greenhouse effect.
Energy Transfers by Radiation establishes the basic laws and equations which support the quantification of energy fluxes transferred between surfaces for situations similar to those usually encountered in industrial processes or in solar energy applications.
2. Magnitudes Used in Radiation.
3. Analysis of Radiative Energy Transfers: Black-body Radiation.
4. Radiant Properties of Real Surfaces.
5. Radiation Balances between Real Surfaces Separated by a Transparent Medium.
6. Practical Determination of Shape Factors.
7. Balances of Radiative Energy Transfers between Black Surfaces.
8. Balances on Radiative Energy Transfers between Gray Surfaces.
9. Electrical Analogies in Radiation.
10. Reduction of Radiating Energy Transfers through Filtering.
11. Radiative Energy Transfers in Semi-transparent Media.