Complex Decision-Making in Economy and Finance
1. Auflage Februar 2020
372 Seiten, Hardcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Preis: 152,00 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
Pertinent to modern industry, administration, finance and society, the most pressing issue for firms today is how to reapproach the way we think and work in business.
With topics ranging from improving productivity and coaxing economic growth after periods of market inactivity, Complex Decision-Making in Economy and Finance offers pragmatic solutions for dealing with the critical levels of disorder and chaos that have developed throughout the modern age.
This book examines how to design complex products and systems, the benefits of collective intelligence and self-organization, and the best methods for handling risks in problematic environments. It also analyzes crises and how to manage them. This book is of benefit to companies and public bodies with regards to saving assets, reviving fortunes and laying the groundwork for robust, sustainable societal dividends. Examples, case studies, practical hints and guidelines illustrate the topics, particularly in finance.
1. Engineering Complexity within Present-Day Industrial Systems.
2. Designing Complex Products and Services.
3. Engineering and Complexity Theory: A Field Design Approach.
4. Organizational Constraints and Complexity Theory: Modeling with Agents.
5. Complexity and the Theory of Organizations: Implementation of Collective Intelligence.
6. Complexity and the Theory of Organizations: The Notion of Collective Patterns.
7. Complexity and Theory of Organizations: Structure and Architecture of an Enterprise.
8. Complexity and the Theory of Organizations: Applications.
9. Complexity and the Theory of Organizations: Complex Systems Reengineering.
10. Evaluating and Measuring Complexity: The CINSYS Methodology.
Part 2. Dealing with Risk in Complex Environments
11. Underlying Mechanisms in Finance.
12. Physics and Social Networks: Domain Similarities.
13. Managing Behavioral Risks: Uncertainty and Catastrophes.
14. On Managing Risk in the Energy Domain: Conventional Problems Encountered.
15. On Managing Risk in the Financial Domain.
16. Why Current Tools Are Inadequate.
17. How to Manage Crises?
18. Managing Crises in Finance and Other Domains.
19. Technological, Monetary and Financial Crashes.
Patrick Corsi is a Senior Consultant, an Associate Practitioner with Mines Paris Tech, France, and a member of the Club of Rome EU Chapter. He was for a long time with IBM, THOMSON-CSF, a start-up in AI, and the European Commission in Brussels.