Statistics in Environmental Sciences
1. Auflage August 2019
310 Seiten, Hardcover
Wiley & Sons Ltd
Preis: 145,00 €
Preis inkl. MwSt, zzgl. Versand
Statistical tools are indispensable for the environmental sciences. They have become an integral part of the scientific process, from the development of the sampling plan to the obtainment of results.
Statistics in Environmental Sciences provides the foundation for the interpretation of quantitative data (basic vocabulary, main laws of probabilities, etc.) and the thinking behind sampling and experimental methodology. It also introduces the principles of statistical tests such as decision theory and examines the key choices in statistical tests, while keeping the established objectives in mind.
The book examines the most used statistics in the field of environmental sciences. Detailed descriptions based on concrete examples are given, as well as descriptions obtained through the use of the free software R (whose usage is also presented).
2. Fundamental Concepts in Statistics.
3. Developing a Sampling or Experimental Plan.
4. Principle of a Statistical Test.
5. Key Choices in Statistical Tests.
6. Comparison Tests of Unilateral and Bilateral Parameters.
7. Classical and Generalized Linear Models.
8. Non-parametric Alternatives to Linear Models.